Military Spouse Guest Blogging

Because my husband is no longer active duty, I do not have enough fun military spouse stories to fill-up this blog any longer.

Rather than just turn it over to the spammers, though, I am opening it up to the community.

Why Guest Blog?

Here are a few reasons you might want to Guest Blog on An Army Wife’s Life:

1. You don’t have a blog but you want to share something with blog readers.
  2. You want to share something anonymously. Maybe you have a blog, or don’t, but you really have something to say and you don’t want it connected with your name and/or your online profile. I’ll be happy to accept anonymous postings.
  3. You have a new blog and you want a link from an established, high page rank blog. In your guest post, you can link to whatever pages in your blog you like with whatever anchor text you like.

I can’t offer you a lot of traffic right now. If this gets going, though, this site may once again get a lot of traffic.

Who Can Guest Blog?

All military spouses are welcome. I do not care whether you are male, female, young, old, a blogger or not, Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, Coast Guard, Active Duty, National Guard, Reserves, etc. In fact, military personnel are also welcome if they have something to say about issues specifically relating to the spouse experience.

What to Guest Blog?

I’m very open to ideas. I do have just a few guidelines.

• It should relate in some way to the military spouse experience. That’s really the big one. Your guest post can be a personal, literary, informational. Write a narrative, a short story, a description of your emotional state, a how to guide, or whatever is on your mind. It can be prose or poetry. You can include a photo if you like. Just send me what you have, and if it is interesting, I’ll find a way to fit it in.
  • It has to be YOUR WORK. Don’t send me forwards and claim they are yours.
  • If you are a blogger, please make sure the material is original. I ask that you do not re-publish the same exact piece on your own blog just so neither of us get tagged as spammers. You can revise, excerpt it, or revisit the idea on your site and you retain all rights to your material.
  • If you are a blogger and intend to link to your site, I request a link back to this post so others will know about the opportunity. You may also link to your post if you like. If you are not a blogger or wish to remain anonymous, this does not apply.
  • Do not confess to felonies you are about to or have committed (if you’ve been convicted and served your time…that’s a different story). I am neither priest nor lawyer and I will turn you in.
  • Try to keep it PG-13. Sometimes a little graphic language may contribute to the story, but avoid gratuitous sex, violence, profanity. I will check with you if I would like you to change something and will only publish it if we both agree on any changes–I will not publish anything without your permission.
  • Proofread and spell-check. You don’t have to use perfect grammar or create a polished piece, but take the time to run a spell-checker.

How to Guest Blog

Write up a post and e-mail it to mollypitcher at gmail dot com. In

1. Elizabeth says:

Does anyone have any advice? My brother is due to deploy overseas within a year and it is causing problems in his marriage. His family (young wife and 2 year old daughter) and my family moved half way across the country two years ago to forge a better life away from the West coast. Our father also lives here. We are all within minutes of each other. Now that he is due to deploy, his wife wants to move back in with her mother out west. He doesn’t want her to. They have a home here, pets, her job, baby’s daycare, etc. I’m sure he wants to know that while he is deployed, someone is here maintaining a “Normal” life for him to return to. Her mother has been trying to get her to return the whole two years and is pressuring her, also. (Of course they never got along when they lived together before.) My sister-in-law is afraid to stay alone, but we all feel that she needs to be as strong here as he is being in his deployment. Does anyone have any advice on books, etc., that might help her understand his point? Thanks.

2. Mary Bramucci says:

About the young wife whose husband is deploying for 2 years and her mother is trying to get her to move back “home”. My suggestion would be for her to try to take an extended vacation, like a month or so. Chances are that if she is better off with her mom, she’ll know. And if she isn’t, that too will be very apparent. It’s a decent compromise. What I think will happen is that when she lives with her mother, she’ll find out how difficult it is to have her own life and way of doing things with mom looking over her shoulder. It’s happened to me on these extended vacations. Then she’ll sprint back to where her home really is. I’ve always enjoyed going home after my visits and I get along with my family.

3. Mary Bramucci says:

4. MrsSSG says:

Is this opportunity still open? I would love to write a post about being a National Guard wife and 2 deployments later. Let me know!

5. MrsSSG says:

6. MrsSSG says:

7. MrsSSG says:

8. MrsSSG says:

9. Teagan says:

Molly Pitcher was a nickname given to her from the men in the revolutionary war. Her real name was Mary Ludwig Hays. She married John Hays.
    Molly was born on October 13th, 1754 in trenton , new jersey.

10. Teagan says:

Molly was born on October 13th, 1754 in trenton , new jersey.

11. Teagan says:

Molly was born on October 13th, 1754 in trenton , new jersey.

12. Teagan says:

I LOVE ZAC EFRON! I KNOW I AM RANDOM

13. Brandee Barnes says:

I am a Medical student in Portland Oregon and a former soldier, US Army, Military Police. I am writing a paper on bioethical arguments. I started out my research on the treatment of indigent veterans. To make a long story short I stumbled across an article about Soldiers banking sperm before they went to Iraq. I am completly inthralled with this argument for and aginst. It seems like unchartered grounds and what an amazing decision to have to face. I am impressed with the courage that this must take… I am interested in knowing some personal stories for my research paper. Has anyone been in this situation? Has anyone conceived a child using this method? If so what has it been like? Your thoughts? Any implications? How did the medical professionals respond to the requests? I appreciate your honesty and respect any decision to or against.
    I appreciate your honesty and respect any decision to or against.. I just want to be able to present a good argument.

If you want to tell me your story in a more private way my email is bioethics_project@yahoo.com

14. Desirae Armstrong says:

I need some help from all you other army wives out there… When I got told that being an army wife was one of the hardest jobs in the military, I didn’t really believe it. That is until I married my husband! I now have a new respect for all the women that have been doing this for years. I myself am a newly wed. Yep, as of October 2nd this year! But being away from him for these long periods of time is KILLING me. So can anyone make a few suggestions as to how I can start to deal with this a little bit better? I’m pretty lost. My e-mail address is desirae21686@hotmail.com I think I’d really love an answer from anybodt willing to give me ANY kind of suggestion! THANX!!!

15. Desirae–The best advice I can give is to get involved, get busy.

Reach out to other military spouses. Find deployment support groups, try the FRG, volunteer on post. Just stay away from anything gossip-y.

Get involved in the community off post, too. Find things that interest you. Join clubs, take classes, get a job (if you don’t already have one), volunteer, go to concerts, etc.

This helps the days pass quicker and also gives you things to talk about and helps you grow as a person.

At home, alone, at night, though, I find can be particularly lonely. I would use this time to write letters to DH and put together care packages. This way I was doing something positive for him and our relationship.

16. Rebecca Hughes says:

I am a new army wife. My husband and i were married on october 31st,2008. he just recently deployed to mosul,iraq monday december 15th,2008. I am having such a hard time dealing with this deployment. It is my 1st one but this is his 3rd time being deployed. i dont know any other army wives in the area to talk to so it would really be nice to have somebody to talk to. all i want to do is cry. if you have any advice or want to talk you can e-mail me at ktowncutie2007@yahoo.com. my name is becky and i am 20 years old.

17. Rebecca Hughes says:

18. Rebecca Hughes says:

19. Rebecca Hughes says:

20. Rebecca Hughes says:

21. Becky–Ask your husband to have the Family Readiness Group get in touch with you. If you are near a post, join a deployment support group. If you are religious or spiritual, go to your house of worship. Join an online forum and chat with other military wives–just avoid the “drama” that sometimes pops up on online boards of any sort.

It is okay to cry sometimes, but you also need to push yourself to find enjoyment and grow as a person–work, volunteer, go out, find a hobby, take a class.

Fake it until you make it–do positive things, get out and take a walk, even if you feel miserable…I bet once you are out, you’ll find that you have some fun.

22. Becky–Ask your husband to have the Family Readiness Group get in touch with you. If you are near a post, join a deployment support group. If you are religious or spiritual, go to your house of worship. Join an online forum and chat with other military wives–just avoid the “drama” that sometimes pops up on online boards of any sort.

23. Becky–Ask your husband to have the Family Readiness Group get in touch with you. If you are near a post, join a deployment support group. If you are religious or spiritual, go to your house of worship. Join an online forum and chat with other military wives–just avoid the “drama” that sometimes pops up on online boards of any sort.

24. Becky–Ask your husband to have the Family Readiness Group get in touch with you. If you are near a post, join a deployment support group. If you are religious or spiritual, go to your house of worship. Join an online forum and chat with other military wives–just avoid the “drama” that sometimes pops up on online boards of any sort.

25. Becky–Ask your husband to have the Family Readiness Group get in touch with you. If you are near a post, join a deployment support group. If you are religious or spiritual, go to your house of worship. Join an online forum and chat with other military wives–just avoid the “drama” that sometimes pops up on online boards of any sort.

26. Kendra says:

Dear Molly,

Hi my name is Kendra, I’m 20 and going to marry my soldier this February. Everything was going beautifly with our wedding and just the all around plans with starting our new life together. that is untill we found out his duty station. He will be leaving for Camp Humphrey, Korea in late April. I heard it was really hard to be able to go with him. I tried to get some information, but didn’t find anything. How long is the process to join him? What should I be doing to prepare and if it is longer then a year tour do I have a better chance of living there? So many questions and I just really need some answers. I hope to hear from you soon!

Thank-you and God bless!

Kendra

30. Kendra says:

Dear Molly,

Thank-you and God bless!
    Kendra

31. jaime says:

Love the site. I am a newbie to the blogger stuff, but I’m really enjoying it. I get to say whats on my mind and express the love/hate relationship I have with the Army. Would love to send some stuff your way if your still interested, and would love to have your link on my blogger page as well. Hey, maybe you could give me a few tips to get more traffic. Hope to hear from you soon.

32. Anonymous says:

Hey Molly my husband is looking into a career In the army, I donâ??t like the idea because he will never be home and could always be deployed and could die. I am 19 he is 26 years old and we have a 5 month old daughter I didnâ??t not sign up to be a military wife I donâ??t like the idea of moving every other year and not being able to see him everyday and then spending long time periods away from him I guess my question is what is being a military spouse really like. He will be entering as a E3 but I donâ??t want to hear the lie from the recruiter I want to ask some one who is there.

33. Anonymous says:

34. Anonymous says:

35. maria says:

Hey!!!

I recently became engaged to my boyfriend of 2 years…..who is getting ready to go into the Air Force in about 3 months!!
    Im only 19 and….yes i know i’m young , but im definetely ready, however my entire life i have lived with my mother and im the youngest of three girls…so basically i have been sheltered my entire life and im very nerveous regarding what i should expect as a military wife…..i know his job requires him to work 12 hr days and ocasionally be deployed for a maximum of 1 month….i know i should consider my self very lucky compared to what a lot of military wifes go through , however we spend so much time together i know its going to be extremely hard….basically i just want advice on how to stay strong, focused in college and how i can be a supporting, independent wife and most importantly how to hold a house together well….i really appreciate your time!!!

Thanks

Maria D.

38. maria says:

Hey!!!

Thanks
    Maria D.

39. Courtney says:

I was wondering if i can start my divorce during basic or do i have to wait until AIT?

40. Courtney says:

41. Courtney says:

42. Courtney says:

43. Courtney says:

44. Alaina says:

Molly, I think it is remarkable that I randomly came across your blog. I am currently a senior in high school in Dublin Ohio and going through a time of amazing memories, change and crazy times. I graduate in less than a month and will be headed off to Wright State university in the fall to study social studies education.

I am beyond excited to see what God has in store for me next year, but also very scared for the change that will happen in my current relationship. I am in a relationship with my boyfriend David who has always dreamed of joining the army. His older brother was in the special ops ranger program for six years and served in Iraq upon being released after a grenade blew up on his leg. David is very proud of his brother and has wanted to be in the military since he was 16. We did not start dating until this year and to be honest, I never thought I would even want to be in a serious relationship my Senior year of high school. But when we met, I had a change of heart; he is my best friend and treats me well. The whole army thing didn’t phase me until about a month ago when I realized our summer would be cut short. I am incredibly proud of him for choosing to serve our country when literally, every single person in our class is attending college. He leaves for basic training in July and from there on, he has no idea.

I know you are very busy but I would love if you had any information about the situation I’m in. It will sure be a tough transition but im learning to have faith. I do not have a blog myself, but you are more than welcome to find me on facebook at Alaina Nicole Bowers. Thanks so much!
    -Alaina

45. Alaina says:

-Alaina

46. Alaina says:

-Alaina

47. Alaina says:

-Alaina

48. Alaina says:

-Alaina

49. Katelyn says:

My fiance’ is going through all the beginning steps to enlist in the Army. I completely support him, but I don’t think he really believes that I do. (Of course I’m nervous and apprehensive, but only because I want this to be thought through completely before the decision is made. Plus the fact that I’ve never lived outside of Oregon.) Is there any thing you can suggest I could do to make him believe how much I support him without seeming overly eager? (I don’t want him to think I’m pretending) I know this could be a challenge for us, but I also know that it could be a great life.

50. Katelyn says:

51. Katelyn says:

52. Katelyn says:

53. Katelyn says:

54. ashley says:

My boyfriend and i were just engaged and he wants to be able to support our family (once we start one) i am in college right now getting my bachelors degree in education. he is considering going into the army but i want to stay with him and i don’t want to wait until I’m 30 for us to settle down and start a family. i want to support him as much as i can but I’m not sure what to do.

55. ashley says:

56. ashley says:

57. ashley says:

58. ashley says:

59. Britny says:

Heyy!!!

Well. I am 17. A senior in high school. and my boyfriend is 19. He is in boot camp right now! I am new to this all. I love him with all my heart. I want to be with him. and he is worried that i am going to leave him. I am trying to tell him that i am not going to, but he is still worried what can i do to tell him and show him that i wont. like i said hes in boot camp so i cant see him. and i can only talk to him via letters.

what can i do to make this A LOT easier on him and me. This is beginning to be very hard for me. We went from talking every single day and night and seeing each other and now i haven’t even talked to him since the 2nd of June. Any advice?

Hes currently at fort Leonard wood missouri.

60. Britny says:

Heyy!!!

Hes currently at fort Leonard wood missouri.

61. Britny says:

Heyy!!!

Hes currently at fort Leonard wood missouri.

62. Britny says:

Heyy!!!

Hes currently at fort Leonard wood missouri.

63. Britny says:

Heyy!!!

Hes currently at fort Leonard wood missouri.

64. Just keep writing upbeat letters Britny and try to concentrate on school. If you are really ambitious, try to organize a project where your class can send care packages to deployed troops.

Work on being the best you that you can be–this way no matter what happens with the relationship, you will be in a good place!

65. Just keep writing upbeat letters Britny and try to concentrate on school. If you are really ambitious, try to organize a project where your class can send care packages to deployed troops.

66. Just keep writing upbeat letters Britny and try to concentrate on school. If you are really ambitious, try to organize a project where your class can send care packages to deployed troops.

67. Just keep writing upbeat letters Britny and try to concentrate on school. If you are really ambitious, try to organize a project where your class can send care packages to deployed troops.

68. Just keep writing upbeat letters Britny and try to concentrate on school. If you are really ambitious, try to organize a project where your class can send care packages to deployed troops.

69. Jennifer says:

Hey! I found your blog on google. It is nice to find down to earth military spouses like yourself to read about!

70. Jennifer says:

71. Jennifer says:

72. Jennifer says:

73. Jennifer says:

74. Nichole says:

Ok so my husband has wanted to join the Army since we were kids and I would never let him. (together for 9 yrs, married 3 and were 24/25 yrs old now) A job fell through and he feels its a perfect time to join now. Can someone help me out! Im reasy for an adventure. We have a 2 yr old daughter . I am loving the idea now, but something is holding me back! Any suggestions?
    Thanks!

75. Nichole says:

Thanks!

76. Nichole says:

Thanks!

77. Nichole says:

Thanks!

78. Nichole says:

Thanks!

79. Nichole,

Without knowing your original objections, I can’t really make any suggestions. Sit down together and identify some questions you have. Seek out answers from multiple sources. And then weigh the pros and cons. Good Luck!

80. Nichole,

81. Nichole,

82. Nichole,

83. Nichole,

84. army says:

Comment deleted because of profanity and misogyny.

Edited By Siteowner

85. @”army”

I’m going to go in and edit out your inappropriate profanity.

And there is nothing typical about the fictional stereotype you feel compelled for some odd reason to describe on a post about how to contribute guest content on my blog.