Celebrity Addiction

When I’m not working, volunteering, hanging out with friends, or posting on a milspouse support board, I spend WAY too much time reading Overheard in NY and reading Celebrity Blogs.

I was NEVER into Celeb gossip before. I do not know what happened. Maybe it is nostalgia for NYC, maybe it is just that I’m spending more time on the computer. I do not know.

The reason I’m sharing this with you right now is this funny post on Dlisted about Perez Hilton. Basically, he has become “friends” with Paris Hilton, which some readers believe makes him less aggressive in posts about her.

This is the same access vs. objectivity argument that goes on with real journalism and politics, including with the whole “embedded reporter” controversy in Gulf War, part deux. That just cracks me up.

1. ChiliGurl says:

I ran into your blog by accident…from Dlisted. I really like your perspective about things. I am originally from Killeen. I ran as far away as I could when I was 18 and never looked back until 3 years ago when illness set in. I am currently in Harker Heights. My sister is also a teacher for KISD…we could not beleive they closed down the schools!! She drove over to our house! And the drivers here? My friend, that is an entire blog by itself. I guess I will say “Welcome To Hell” as I say to other folks who end up here. I’m really sorry you have been subjected to this place. hehe

2. ChiliGurl says:

3. ChiliGurl says:

4. ChiliGurl says:

5. ChiliGurl says:

6. Well, it ain’t NYC, but it is not so bad. There is not much to do but as long as you have good friends, you can make your own fun.

Austin has tons of great music and good restaurants, at least.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

7. Well, it ain’t NYC, but it is not so bad. There is not much to do but as long as you have good friends, you can make your own fun.

Austin has tons of great music and good restaurants, at least.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

8. Well, it ain’t NYC, but it is not so bad. There is not much to do but as long as you have good friends, you can make your own fun.

Austin has tons of great music and good restaurants, at least.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

9. Well, it ain’t NYC, but it is not so bad. There is not much to do but as long as you have good friends, you can make your own fun.

Austin has tons of great music and good restaurants, at least.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

10. Well, it ain’t NYC, but it is not so bad. There is not much to do but as long as you have good friends, you can make your own fun.

Austin has tons of great music and good restaurants, at least.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

11. bejken says: