@#$%&**! Ft. Hood Women’s Clinic

I did not want to lay this on DH so I am going to vent here.

Trying to get an appointment at the Women’s Clinic is tougher than labor.

Well, I cannot really say that yet, but it is pretty darn tough.

First, you cannot use the normal appointment line. You have to call directly.

Then, they never pick up the phone. Not even an, “We are experiencing high call volume, your estimated waiting time is…” or a “Women’s Clinic, please hold.”

It just rings and rings and rings. The five or six times I’ve called (at different times of day), I’ve allowed it to ring about two minutes before giving up.

When you FINALLY get someone to answer, they can’t give you an appointment for a month…and I said I could take ANY time on ANY day.

The first available appointment is almost a month away, in my 10th week. That appointment is to FILL OUT PAPERWORK…it is not even the first exam… no doctor, not even a nurse.

Lord only knows when my first examination will even happen…probably not until the 14th week (or more) since I am not high risk.

When I say this is unacceptable, they rattle off the number of women they treat. That they are busy is no excuse for the powers to have no procedures in place for making appointments at least!

I was polite, explaining that I am not questioning their individual job performance. I felt like screaming at them though, for their absolute lack of empathy.

I do not understand why the service has been so good at all the other clinics on post but they leave the women’s clinic so backed up. They REALLY need to staff this place.

You would think pre-natal care would be a priority. Everything I read has emphasized its importance. The sad thing is that even as I worked up the chain to ask that they look into this, no one seems to care. They seem to think it obnoxious (and I swear, I really was polite) that a pregnant woman is interested in getting pre-natal care in a timely manner. What if I was not a big researcher? What if I did not have access to information? I could make some big mistakes before that appointment…isn’t that the point of decent pre-natal care? To help women care for their babies early on in the pregnancy in order to PREVENT problems from happening???

GRRR….

Okay, happy thoughts, happy thoughts…do not want to stress out baby.

Oh Hon I am having the same issues in my neck of the woods as well Grr!

I don’t know if you have standard or prime but try calling the Tricare Service center and request to go offpost because they are full. There’s that huge hospital over in Belton & I am sure there are other OB/GYNs in the area if the clinic can’t see you in a reasonable manner. Be persistant and a BIG pest with Tricare.

I have the ear of someone that can send my issue to higher ups in the Med Corps, so if you dont get this resolved let me know and I can send them your issue.

HH6

Oh Hon I am having the same issues in my neck of the woods as well Grr!

HH6

Oh Hon I am having the same issues in my neck of the woods as well Grr!

HH6

Oh Hon I am having the same issues in my neck of the woods as well Grr!

HH6

Oh Hon I am having the same issues in my neck of the woods as well Grr!

HH6

6. I’d LOVE to go to Scott and White but my friend who is also preggers said she already checked into that and one other area hospital and they are not accepting TRICARE for this anymore because TRICARE does not pay doctors enough, basically.

I am going to just keep calling to see if there have been cancelations…I know there is a 1st Cav boom and the women who are about to give birth take priority–but they did not know there would be a boom 9-12 months after the Cav returned? Come On!!!

7. I’d LOVE to go to Scott and White but my friend who is also preggers said she already checked into that and one other area hospital and they are not accepting TRICARE for this anymore because TRICARE does not pay doctors enough, basically.

8. I’d LOVE to go to Scott and White but my friend who is also preggers said she already checked into that and one other area hospital and they are not accepting TRICARE for this anymore because TRICARE does not pay doctors enough, basically.

9. I’d LOVE to go to Scott and White but my friend who is also preggers said she already checked into that and one other area hospital and they are not accepting TRICARE for this anymore because TRICARE does not pay doctors enough, basically.

10. I’d LOVE to go to Scott and White but my friend who is also preggers said she already checked into that and one other area hospital and they are not accepting TRICARE for this anymore because TRICARE does not pay doctors enough, basically.

11. Heather says:

You think that’s bad this will be my second time going through prenatal care with Darnall’s Womens health I can get the appointments but only if I go in with the note from the doc saying when they say the appointment has to be. I was set up for an appointment on the 27th of May to check to see if I am showing signs of preterm labor before I drive to CA that night to give birth with my husband I’ll be 39 weeks and they called and said we need to reschedule. There is no day to reschedule. And on my daughter I was due 2006 Aug 20th and told to call in when I was 1 week late to see if labor and delivery had any beds avaliable for induction. I started calling the morning of the 28th and was not allowed to give birth until the 2nd of Sept, what would they have done if I went in labor on my own tell me to wait they don’t have any beds?

12. Heather says:

13. Heather says:

14. Heather says:

15. Heather says:

16. ArmyWife2009 says:

WOW… Im scared to be going to Darnell now. So far ( and I say that very lightly) my only problem was that on 1 screen I had an appointment and the 2nd screen I was non exsistant while I was trying to check in. My OB had a meeting that morning as well and if her nurse/assistant had not told her I was there I probably wouldnt have been seen for about another hour or longer. All I have to tell them when its time for my baby to be born they better find a bed or I will make my own. I have to have scheduled c-sections due to prior difficulties so they best be saving my bed on that day or my little 5 ft 3 self will blow up on them and they wont like it one bit.

17. @#$%&**! Ft. Hood Women’s Clinic | Army Wives' Lives . LOL, awesome dude.