CARE Package Theme

UPDATE: I’m putting this post on top because I’d really like some votes, people! Thanks! 😉

There are some great sites out there with Care Package Themes. Here are some more CARE Package ideas that I’ve come up with.

As an FRG, we’ve already sent out the cookies and we are getting a combo Movie/Game Night package ready. “Work it Out” was DH’s idea.

Let me know which ones you like the best and if you have other items you’d add to these packages or additional themes your soldier has enjoyed!

1. Work It Out!: sneaker balls; deodorant; gatorade powder; hydroxycut; power bars; cheap headphones; cheap tape players; workout CDs/Tapes; white gym socks (no logo)

2. Cookie Mania: everyone bakes a batch and we vacuum seal them

3. Night at the Movies: Inexpensive or pre-viewed DVD movies; stovetop popcorn; individual size movie-candy packs; entertainment magazines (like Rolling Stone); add favorite movie quotes to a poster; take pics of kids/do DVD recording with star shape in background and with sunglasses

4. Game Night: Poker Chips; Board Games; Packs of Cards; handheld games and puzzles; nut mix; snack packs

5. Texas Misses Y’all (adjust for your own state): Buy a stack of Texas postcards for people to fillout at the meeting (for their own and other soldiers); include pictures of favorite area spots; pralines or pecan cookies or muffins; Texas pens; Texas stationery; Longhorn stuff; anything useful with a Texas theme; hot sauce; BBQ sauce

6. Breakfast in Bed: Breakfast Bars, Individual Cereal Snack Packs, Powdered Juice Mix, Coffee, hot/cold mugs (saw them for $1 at Walmart), muffins; powdered creamer; instant oatmeal; poptarts

Upcoming Seasonal:

7. Winter Wonderland (may not translate around here 😉 ): hot cocoa mix; cider mix; winter cookies; have older kids/parents make and sign paper snowflakes and paste to construction paper; chapstick; hot/cold mugs (saw them for $1 at Walmart); marshmallows

8. Luck O’ the Irish: make a “kiss me I’m Irish” poster with shamrocks and kisses; send hershey kisses if still cool enough out; goodluck charms; St. Patrick’s themed cookies

9. Take Me Out to the Ball Game: Cracker Jacks; Peanuts; Sports Illustrated Magazine and other sports magazines; sports highlights DVDs; gum with basball cards; Nerf Balls; beef jerky; favorite team pennants

10. Are You Ready for Some Football?: Highlights DVDs, Sports Magazines, Team Pennants; Regulation and Nerf Footballs; pretzels and chips and salsa; posters of cheerleaders

1. Kim says:

They’re all good ideas. I particularly like the “Texas (state soldier is from) Misses Y’all” because I think it’s nice to have reminders from home and of special places/memories shared. All of the sports themed ones are fun as well! And I think most people know how good it is to get homemade cookies and brownies. What about Valentine’s day packages? Any creative ideas?

2. Kim says:

3. Kim says:

4. Kim says:

5. Kim says:

6. We already had our meeting (where we did the cookies, the banner, and the candies) so I did not bother thinking up anything really good for Valentine’s Day.

My FRG leader had a nice idea for our next meeting which would make a good Valentine’s day care package–scan photos of couples or the soldier with children and print on iron-on paper. Iron onto pillowcases. You could also have kids make foam frames. Walmart also has tons of fun Valentine’s themed games, decorations, frames, etc.

My husband has been spying on the blog lately so I do not want to say what I am sending him, personally. I will share afterwards, though!

I think Valentine’s Day is really for couples, though–and we have to think about what we usually do and our “couple personality.” Some are silly, others romantic, others very sensual. It is all very individual.

7. We already had our meeting (where we did the cookies, the banner, and the candies) so I did not bother thinking up anything really good for Valentine’s Day.

8. We already had our meeting (where we did the cookies, the banner, and the candies) so I did not bother thinking up anything really good for Valentine’s Day.

9. We already had our meeting (where we did the cookies, the banner, and the candies) so I did not bother thinking up anything really good for Valentine’s Day.

10. We already had our meeting (where we did the cookies, the banner, and the candies) so I did not bother thinking up anything really good for Valentine’s Day.

11. Terry says:

I really like all of your ideas. My husband is just packing up for Iraq so your page will come in handy for our FRG. One idea that I had was a box of Fun in the sun…sunscreen, sunglasses, beachball, frisbee, lemonade mix and a Beach Boys CD. Good luck to all of you.

12. Terry says:

13. Terry says:

14. Terry says:

15. Terry says:

16. a says:

I got this website from my pal who shared with me on the topic of this web
    site and at the moment this time I am visiting this site and reading very informative
    content at this time.