UPDATE: I’m putting this post on top because I’d really like some votes, people! Thanks! 😉
There are some great sites out there with Care Package Themes. Here are some more CARE Package ideas that I’ve come up with.
As an FRG, we’ve already sent out the cookies and we are getting a combo Movie/Game Night package ready. “Work it Out” was DH’s idea.
Let me know which ones you like the best and if you have other items you’d add to these packages or additional themes your soldier has enjoyed!
1. Work It Out!: sneaker balls; deodorant; gatorade powder; hydroxycut; power bars; cheap headphones; cheap tape players; workout CDs/Tapes; white gym socks (no logo)
2. Cookie Mania: everyone bakes a batch and we vacuum seal them
3. Night at the Movies: Inexpensive or pre-viewed DVD movies; stovetop popcorn; individual size movie-candy packs; entertainment magazines (like Rolling Stone); add favorite movie quotes to a poster; take pics of kids/do DVD recording with star shape in background and with sunglasses
4. Game Night: Poker Chips; Board Games; Packs of Cards; handheld games and puzzles; nut mix; snack packs
5. Texas Misses Y’all (adjust for your own state): Buy a stack of Texas postcards for people to fillout at the meeting (for their own and other soldiers); include pictures of favorite area spots; pralines or pecan cookies or muffins; Texas pens; Texas stationery; Longhorn stuff; anything useful with a Texas theme; hot sauce; BBQ sauce
6. Breakfast in Bed: Breakfast Bars, Individual Cereal Snack Packs, Powdered Juice Mix, Coffee, hot/cold mugs (saw them for $1 at Walmart), muffins; powdered creamer; instant oatmeal; poptarts
7. Winter Wonderland (may not translate around here 😉 ): hot cocoa mix; cider mix; winter cookies; have older kids/parents make and sign paper snowflakes and paste to construction paper; chapstick; hot/cold mugs (saw them for $1 at Walmart); marshmallows
8. Luck O’ the Irish: make a “kiss me I’m Irish” poster with shamrocks and kisses; send hershey kisses if still cool enough out; goodluck charms; St. Patrick’s themed cookies
9. Take Me Out to the Ball Game: Cracker Jacks; Peanuts; Sports Illustrated Magazine and other sports magazines; sports highlights DVDs; gum with basball cards; Nerf Balls; beef jerky; favorite team pennants
10. Are You Ready for Some Football?: Highlights DVDs, Sports Magazines, Team Pennants; Regulation and Nerf Footballs; pretzels and chips and salsa; posters of cheerleaders