First Prenatal Visit

My first prenatal visit was surprising painless after my other ordeals.

You show up and take a number (even if you have an appointment). Luckily, my appointment was early enough that the room had not yet filled.

Then I spoke with a nurse and filled out a ton of paperwork. She set me up with one of the midwives I requested for an appointment in just two weeks.

After that, off to the lab to take another number. Once at the desk, the nurse gave me a cup for a urine sample and another number for the bloodwork.

While there, the alarm started going off, but everyone just stayed put.

Fifteen minutes later, with the alarm still going off, I was called to get my blood drawn.

The technician was super-quick, filling up about five vials of blood.

Then, down to the basement for the nutrition consultant. I was ready for stress because one of my friends was given a hard time for losing a couple of pounds due to her morning sickness (very common) and I heard about another woman who was reduced to tears by a consultant who did not like that she was a vegeterian.

The consultant just asked if I know how to make sure I get all of my nutrients through my vegeterian diet. I said “yes,” and was on my way.

1. Katy says:

to read my comment, you must take a number….bwahahahahah. I am glad they did not give you any shit, lots of vegetarians manage to have healthy babies.

2. Katy says:

3. Katy says:

4. Katy says:

5. Katy says:

Glad it went it. I have something to look forward to, once we get out of here. This OB/GYN department is on my last nerve.

Really glad to see that not all of them are like that.

HH6

Really glad to see that not all of them are like that.

HH6

Really glad to see that not all of them are like that.

HH6

Really glad to see that not all of them are like that.

HH6

Really glad to see that not all of them are like that.

HH6