My first tagging!

Dyzgoneby tagged me (although the link goes somewhere else right now 😉 ) …a first for me!

4 Jobs You Have Had In Your Life

Soon I’ll be Momma…but in the meantime:

1. Freelance Writer: That’s what I am doing right now. I suppose I could list all my jobs as separate but where’s the fun in that. I mostly write educational curricula and articles.

2. Teacher: That’s what I was before DH decided to play GI Joe. I really enjoyed working with teenagers and teaching them writing, history, and art history, but this is a welcome break from administrators and insane parents. They cared more about high grades and paperwork than about teaching and learning.

3. Camp Counselor: One of the most fun jobs I have had. I could help kids to learn and have fun without all of the craziness of the school year.

4. Children’s Party Entertainer: Definitely my strangest job. The agency would dress me up as Jasmine or Snow White or whatever and I would do face painting and balloon animals and story time. A lot of fun…except when the dads tried to hit on me.

I’ve also been a PR assistant for a not-for-profit, sold puzzle rings, temped for a summer, and probably a few other things I’ve blocked out.

4 Movies You Would Watch Over and Over

Tough one…I love SOOO many movies.

1. Dark Crystal: So magical! You can’t beat the oldies. I just got it on DVD (a double with Labyrinth). I’ve heard they are coming out with a sequel; I’m a little worried.

2. Breakfast at Tiffany’s: I shared this movie with DH when we started dating…and shhh…don’t tell anyone…but he liked it, too!

3. Princess Bride: A chick flick that guys also love. DH and I play the rhyming game sometimes.

4. Monty Python and the Holy Grail: Funnier each and every time.

Runners up: Everything else by Monty Python, Elizabeth, Gone with the Wind, Tombstone, Red…the list goes on and on. I also love a good classic horror flick.

4 TV Shows You Love to Watch

When DH is not around, I keep the TV on for background noise, but I am usually writing or cleaning or something else, rather than actually watching the television.

1. Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Not on anymore but I was shocked to discover how much I love this show. This has gotten me hooked on Angel and later Charmed, but Buffy is my fave.

2. Project Runway: They just crack me up and their designs are so fun. I’ve never made fashion a budget priority, but I like to look at it.

3. The Simpsons: Although I prefer the recent Family Guy over recent Simpsons, no animated show beats classic Simpsons.

4. The Daily Show: Even if Stewart is a liberal, he’s still funny.

4 Places You Have Lived

1. NYC: The best city on earth.

2. The People’s Republic of Cambridge: Not bad. Closes down too early.

3. New Haven: Will always hold a special place in my heart.

4. Killeen, TX: Where I am right now. I’m trying to be positive today so I will leave it at that.

4 Places You Have Been On Vacation

This one is tough, because DH and I LOVE traveling. I couldn’t even rank my four favorites because they have all been so amazing.

1. Southeast Asia – Cambodia, Vietnam, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Bangkok: Just so different from anywhere I’ve been before. The religious culture and architecture was just so fascinating to me and the people were so friendly.

2. Eastern Europe – Prague, Budapest, and Transylvania: Other than beer, beer, and more beer…well, there is the fun cities, the awesome cathedrals, and the charming countryside

3. Inca Trail: The most challenging vacation I ever took…and I loved camping out with my husband in ancient ruins.

4. Andalusia in Spain: Beautiful blend of cultures, gorgeous architecture, and yummy tapas.

4 GREAT Places Where You Just Said, “Eh ..”

1. Cancun: Just not my scene.

Other than that, I really just approach the world with a sense of wonder. I still occasionally pull over to watch the turkey vultures and hawks after a year and a half in Texas.

Nature, Art, Culture, People…it all just continues to amaze me.

4 Websites You Visit Daily

Embarrassing… but I actually spend too much wasted time on the ‘net.

1. Various Comics and Political Cartoon Websites, see my sidebar for some.

2. Rantings of a Sandmonkey: One of the first blogs I ever started reading–still one of the best.

3. Various Celeb Gossip Blogs: Just to keep up with my friends’ pop culture knowledge.

4. Household Six: The majority of my non-work related internet time.

4 Milblogs You Visit Daily

I don’t know if I visit daily, since most of them don’t update daily.

1. The Patriette: I love her perspective and am constantly amazed at how our lives sometimes seem to parallel.

2. Days Gone By: I guess I have to mention you…hahaha, just kidding.

3. Patiently Waiting…: Always leaves me comments, which I LOVE…

4. Blue Star Chronicles: An excellent summary of what is going on in our virtual milworld.

There are more…see my tags and my sidebar…

4 People to Tag

1. The Patriette

2. Karen at Life As I Know It: Just such a sweet, admirable person.

3. Katy at Poop, Paxil, and Pageantry: Just gotta see her answers

4. Val at Ruminations of the Ordinary: She’s interesting and she says she has just rediscovered my blog…let’s see if she lost it again or not.

1. dyzgoneby says:

It was my first tag as well. Shhh, don’t tell anyone, but it took me 2 hours to try and figure it all out. Next time, I will have to have my coffee first. I too would love to see what Katy has to say.

I forgot about Buffy. I used to love that show.

2. dyzgoneby says:

I forgot about Buffy. I used to love that show.

3. dyzgoneby says:

I forgot about Buffy. I used to love that show.

4. dyzgoneby says:

I forgot about Buffy. I used to love that show.

5. dyzgoneby says:

I forgot about Buffy. I used to love that show.

6. Katy says:

I have done this one, but I want to change my answers. I too love that damn Princess Bride. LOL….Is it cheating to just say me too to others answers?
    Oh, and that project runway? I was sure I was the only idiot watching that one. I am glad to know I am not alone. To bad you do not live closer. We could have a secret project runway club where we drink margaritas and watch it with the blinds closed.lol

7. Katy says:

8. Katy says:

9. Katy says:

10. Katy says:

Monty Python, The Princess Bride and BUFFY! Dang I knew I liked you for some reason!!!

I have pictures of Spike, yep I craved English speakers so bad that I went to a couple of Buffy conventions in London. :-)

I don’t know if your little one will allow you to eat spicy food, but in Harker Heights off of FM 495(??) there is a little Cajun place called KGs or CeeGees. The owner is this tiny Creole woman who makes the best blackened gator I have ever had. With the weird liquor laws you have to bring your own beer, but the best was summertime sitting outside on her screened in porch with a cooler grubbing on a crab boil she just poured onto the table for you…..hmmmm, sorry have a Homer moment there.

HH6

HH6

HH6

HH6

HH6

16. dyzgoneby: It was a pretty darn long one!

Katy: I wish someone here would have a Runway party with me! I’d have to skip the margaritas for now…maybe season 3!

HH6: Spike is WAY hotter than Angel. I looked the Cajun Place up: it is K G’s Cajun Seafood Kitchen (on 2410)…but I hate to break it to you, I’m a vegeterian. Bet DH would love it when we get back; and by then I can have a beer again!

17. dyzgoneby: It was a pretty darn long one!

18. dyzgoneby: It was a pretty darn long one!

19. dyzgoneby: It was a pretty darn long one!

20. dyzgoneby: It was a pretty darn long one!

Yes he is and the man is over 40! Born in 1962….Really nice, laughs at himself often.

No worries on being a vegan. I am from CA, home of the fruits and nuts, nothing phases me as weird.

You have to try a great Thai place in North Austin. I am going to have to look it up but it was right of the interstate. Green curry so hot it makes your eyes water!

Dang, I miss the states…

HH6

Dang, I miss the states…

HH6

Dang, I miss the states…

HH6

Dang, I miss the states…

HH6

Dang, I miss the states…

HH6

26. Oh, I’m not vegan…just vegeterian.

There is actually a decent place right here in Killeen…but there is no atmosphere. We do take out.

I LOVE Thai food. I want some NOW!

27. Oh, I’m not vegan…just vegeterian.

I LOVE Thai food. I want some NOW!

28. Oh, I’m not vegan…just vegeterian.

I LOVE Thai food. I want some NOW!

29. Oh, I’m not vegan…just vegeterian.

I LOVE Thai food. I want some NOW!

30. Oh, I’m not vegan…just vegeterian.

I LOVE Thai food. I want some NOW!