The Vicissitudes of the Postal Service

Does anyone want to explain why two packages, sent from the same location at the same exact time via the same mail class to the same address would arrive at much different times?

DH received my package of plastic organizers (Field Artillery Red, Hooah!) for his room yesterday, but not his Valentine’s Gift Package yet…so it is at least two days behind the other one at this point. If this is the only package to get “lost” I will be miffed. Hopefully it will arrive tomorrow.

In better news, I got a rare phone call today. DH has a second bout of illness, revenge of the Kuwaiti Krud. I don’t know how we managed to share germs thousands of miles apart, but we were both sniffling through the conversation.

Still, the conversation was incredibly enjoyable. DH’s voice is so rich and deep, it really has a calming effect on me.

I hope I did not overwhelm DH with my incessant talk about the pregnancy, the birth, and the baby registry. I try to hold back a bit with everyone else–even with one of my other pregnant friends, I want her to be able to enjoy the baby stuff with her husband who is home.

Since my mom lives in NY and DH is deployed, I mostly keep my obsessing to myself. When DH called, the dam broke and out poured the babymania.

Fortunately, DH’s illness arrived at a relatively decent time. His platoon is on leave so he has been running around the FOB taking care of maintenance and other necessary and boring, but less intense, tasks. However, I know DH is itching to get back to the usual missions.

Hopefully he’ll be in tip top shape by the time his men get back.

DH said my voice was healing for him–and I am more than happy to perform that wifely and patriotic duty.

1. John says:

I don’t think you overwhelmed him. I think you helped him feel connected back to his world away from the front.

You and your family are in my prayers. Thank you for serving alongside your husband.

2. John says:

3. John says:

4. John says:

5. John says:

6. dyzgoneby says:

Gotta love the postal service. I have even had this happen with the letters. I letter them and he knows what order to read them. He is still currently waiting for #1 and I mailed 1-3 on the same day.

Aaaahhh, the sound of the voice is so reassuring. It seems to make everything else seem inconsequential.

7. dyzgoneby says:

8. dyzgoneby says:

9. dyzgoneby says:

10. dyzgoneby says:

11. Val says:

For the record–anytime you want to chat baby or pregnancy ups, downs, and anything in between you holler. Shoot me a PM at the boards and I’m there. I know how hard it is to bottle it all up and to try to hold back from people when your one solid person to share everything with is far away. I mean it. Anytime.

12. Val says: