Celebrating the Military Child

Did you know that April is the Month of the Military Child?

Military children do not voluntarily enlist for this MOS, but nonetheless sacrifice and serve.

What are they doing on your post to celebrate these brave young people and educate the community?

On our post, we kick off a month of seminars and educational outreach with a huge FREE festival. I have been on the planning committee, though post employees do most of the work.

I also made this a Junior League volunteer event and we are contributing some volunteers (eight right now–I am hoping for a few more!).

One of our members is a US Army Officer AND Mrs. Texas. Not only is she volunteering at the event and getting some of her soldiers involved, but she told them they could use her to promote the event if it would help. What a class act!

1. yochanan says:

i was an army brat for 14 years i liked it much better than civilian life esp civilian school.

2. yochanan says:

3. yochanan says:

4. yochanan says:

5. yochanan says:

I didn’t know there was such a thing as the Month of the Military Child. The sacrifices of these little people are often overlooked or forgotten…but the sacrifices are very real. Ah, but I know a couple who probably won’t wait too long after his return from Iraq to start working on expanding the count of military children in the US… :)

11. Thanks for the reminder – I forgot it was – that is what happens when you live away from a major military installation!

12. Thanks for the reminder – I forgot it was – that is what happens when you live away from a major military installation!

13. Thanks for the reminder – I forgot it was – that is what happens when you live away from a major military installation!

14. Thanks for the reminder – I forgot it was – that is what happens when you live away from a major military installation!

15. Thanks for the reminder – I forgot it was – that is what happens when you live away from a major military installation!