It’s a…

GIRL!!! My baby will be a girl. Lavender, pink, butterflies, flowers, rainbows, and all the rest…

The nursery will still be gender-neutral (jungle themed) but I sense a lot of ruffles and lace in my future.

More info:

She is about as cooperative as her mother. I’ve seen her three times on the ultrasound before this (once when my friend snuck me in, once when my midwife was sick so I had a doctor instead, and then when I tripped over Loki). All three times she wiggled and stretched.

Now when we were finally trying to determine gender, check her vitals, and measure her, she decided it was nap time and curled into a ball.

The technician practically tipped me upside down to try to wake her up. My hand was starting to go numb.

Finally we hit the last checkpoint–a visual on all four chambers of the heart.

The technician said she had really full lips.

DH and I are thrilled.

I think Calypso (our Russian Blue prima donna) will be less thrilled to be supplanted as the baby girl of the house.

A girl, sweet!!! I had three boys and finally gave up on having a girl…I was afraid I’d just end up with a whole basketball team of boys. But I don’t regret having all boys, they were a handful growing up, but I love all of them dearly and they all grew up to be great guys. It’s kind of interesting having Seth’s wife living with us while he’s deployed, though…and very different. I finally got a daughter… :)

6. I think my father would have liked to have also had a son to help with his construction projects around the house…but then I hit my teenaged years and there were plenty of boys around the house to help! He figured better them helping him than hitting on me.

My father’s parents had three boys and then their girl…then ten years later, surprise! — another boy.

7. I think my father would have liked to have also had a son to help with his construction projects around the house…but then I hit my teenaged years and there were plenty of boys around the house to help! He figured better them helping him than hitting on me.

8. I think my father would have liked to have also had a son to help with his construction projects around the house…but then I hit my teenaged years and there were plenty of boys around the house to help! He figured better them helping him than hitting on me.

9. I think my father would have liked to have also had a son to help with his construction projects around the house…but then I hit my teenaged years and there were plenty of boys around the house to help! He figured better them helping him than hitting on me.

10. I think my father would have liked to have also had a son to help with his construction projects around the house…but then I hit my teenaged years and there were plenty of boys around the house to help! He figured better them helping him than hitting on me.

Yeah, after the third time wasn’t a charm…lol. When I told Seth who’s blog I’d found and who you were married to, he said “they’re both great.” Can’t ask for a better compliment than that….. :)