Smart Aleck

DH would be proud, mostly.

I have an (apparently) annoying habit of answer people’s questions…when they are just wondering out loud, like in a museum or something.

DH tells me that they really do not want someone to answer their question. If I ask a question, I want an answer!

Anyway, I was in Target and this young couple was looking at decorations for their house–apparently a “jungle” theme. The man picked up a Southeast Asian-style Buddha and his wife (girlfriend?) declared it scary and kept asking, “What is that?”

I bit my tongue.

Then the man said it was a Buddha…but the wife was not convinced. “Buddhas are fat and they smile,” she argued.

Still I bit my tongue.

Just when I was about to explode, the man saw me glancing over and asked, “Its a Buddha, right?”

And I said, “Yes.”

The lady asked, “Aren’t Buddhas fat?”

I explained, “A lot of the Chinese ones are…but the ones in other Buddhist areas usually look like this one.”

Okay, so I did not keep my mouth shut entirely…but at least I waited until the question was directly posed to me. I also didn’t launch into a 2-minute mini art history lecture.

Aren’t you proud?

Well, hello…..I just found your site and realized that your hubby is in the artillery just like my son who also deployed from Fort Hood. Seth is [UNIT removed–OPSEC]. I wonder if they know each other?? I see in reading through your blog that you’re expecting, congrats, but will DH be home in time for the event? seth is on the IM right now and he’s asking for a name…if you’d like, email me at kerrybug1@yahoo.com, or leave a comment on my blog. Good to find someone else from Killeen on here, take care…… :)

Edited By Siteowner

Edited By Siteowner

Edited By Siteowner

Edited By Siteowner

Edited By Siteowner

Edited By Siteowner

Edited By Siteowner

Edited By Siteowner

Edited By Siteowner

Edited By Siteowner

Man you are better than me! I would have said something without being asked. I love both “laughing Buddah” and the Tibet or Thai style Buddah, but somehow I can’t imagine in a jungle theme where it would fit in…unless we are going Amazon jungle…

11. Amazon?

Anyway, there are jungles in Southeast Asia (just ask our boys from Vietnam, right?)…but I, too, do not think that is what they were going for…I think he was just teasing her.

They were actually pretty cute…but they seemed like teenagers…and quite possibly were.

Usually I would have just jumped in, too…but DH tells me it is not welcome, so I am trying to improve!

12. Amazon?

13. Amazon?

14. Amazon?

15. Amazon?

You mean Aztecs & Myans weren’t Buddahists?

Yeah I know its what popped into my head. I swear I know my geography! Especially considering I follow more Buddahist concepts than Christian.

That’s what I get for sneaking in responses while at work with a uber-nosey boss running around.

HH6

You mean Aztecs & Myans weren’t Buddahists?

HH6

You mean Aztecs & Myans weren’t Buddahists?

HH6

You mean Aztecs & Myans weren’t Buddahists?

HH6

You mean Aztecs & Myans weren’t Buddahists?

HH6