Three Month Slump

Anyone else feeling it?

Right now DH and I are a little past the three month mark. I’ve pushed through to this point and I still have a bunch of things to keep me busy.

Somehow, though, I feel like I have hit a slump. Maybe it is because this will now be the longest without even seeing each other once. Maybe it is because DH has had less and less time to chat online. Maybe it is the hormones plateauing. Maybe it is just because DH won’t take mid-tour until August when the baby is due. Maybe it is because a lot of my volunteer work will wrap up in April or May.

Whatever it is, I feel that sadness creeping into my thoughts more than before during quiet times.

When I step outside and smell people firing up their BBQs…

When I see a beautiful full moon or a stunning sunset…

When I feel the baby kick…

I really thought that I’d miss DH most when things go wrong that he would normally fix. Instead, I find I miss him when life shows me how special the world is.

All of that seems bitter sweet.

Don’t worry, I’m still positive! I support my husband 100%. Just being honest with you all, in case anyone is feeling the same thing.

1. dyzgoneby says:

I am feeling it too. We are almost at the 2 month mark. Yuck. It’s the little things we used to take for granted that isn’t taken for granted anymore.

Watching a couple meet for lunch….

Going out to celebrate a birthday with the family…..

Cuddling on the couch watching a movie….

I could go on, but I won’t. You know exactly what I mean.

I a happy for you that he will be here when the baby is born. Unfortunately D won’t get any R&R. 14 mths is a long long time….

Standing Tall and Standing Proud beside my US Marine.

2. dyzgoneby says:

Watching a couple meet for lunch….

Going out to celebrate a birthday with the family…..

Cuddling on the couch watching a movie….

I could go on, but I won’t. You know exactly what I mean.

Standing Tall and Standing Proud beside my US Marine.

3. dyzgoneby says:

Watching a couple meet for lunch….

Going out to celebrate a birthday with the family…..

Cuddling on the couch watching a movie….

I could go on, but I won’t. You know exactly what I mean.

Standing Tall and Standing Proud beside my US Marine.

4. dyzgoneby says:

Watching a couple meet for lunch….

Going out to celebrate a birthday with the family…..

Cuddling on the couch watching a movie….

I could go on, but I won’t. You know exactly what I mean.

Standing Tall and Standing Proud beside my US Marine.

5. dyzgoneby says:

Watching a couple meet for lunch….

Going out to celebrate a birthday with the family…..

Cuddling on the couch watching a movie….

I could go on, but I won’t. You know exactly what I mean.

Standing Tall and Standing Proud beside my US Marine.

6. Heh. I’m HOPING it will coincide with the birth or soon there after. I just have this feeling he’ll get here and watch me waddle around 9 mos preggers in the Texas August heat, and then have to leave before baby’s birth.

Either way, I know I am lucky that he is scheduled to come home on leave at all. This unit has been good about scheduling leave and so far everyone has been scheduled and people have been taking leave as scheduled.

Of course, I’ll believe it when I see it.

7. Heh. I’m HOPING it will coincide with the birth or soon there after. I just have this feeling he’ll get here and watch me waddle around 9 mos preggers in the Texas August heat, and then have to leave before baby’s birth.

Of course, I’ll believe it when I see it.

8. Heh. I’m HOPING it will coincide with the birth or soon there after. I just have this feeling he’ll get here and watch me waddle around 9 mos preggers in the Texas August heat, and then have to leave before baby’s birth.

Of course, I’ll believe it when I see it.

9. Heh. I’m HOPING it will coincide with the birth or soon there after. I just have this feeling he’ll get here and watch me waddle around 9 mos preggers in the Texas August heat, and then have to leave before baby’s birth.

Of course, I’ll believe it when I see it.

10. Heh. I’m HOPING it will coincide with the birth or soon there after. I just have this feeling he’ll get here and watch me waddle around 9 mos preggers in the Texas August heat, and then have to leave before baby’s birth.

Of course, I’ll believe it when I see it.

11. jawz33 says:

Today was day 50….but it seems longer. To me it doesn’t get easier. I seem to have built up a tolerance to my former distractions.
    So much to plan and do. Our next PCS is to NYC. Though not until ’07, I would like to share my excitement with DH now.
    What I’d give for a good old West-Pac.
    Hang in there sisters!

12. jawz33 says:

What I’d give for a good old West-Pac.
    Hang in there sisters!

13. jawz33 says:

What I’d give for a good old West-Pac.
    Hang in there sisters!

14. jawz33 says:

What I’d give for a good old West-Pac.
    Hang in there sisters!

15. jawz33 says:

What I’d give for a good old West-Pac.
    Hang in there sisters!