To Whine, Or Not to Whine?

For the most part, I think I am a pretty happy pregnant woman.

In fact, if my husband were home, I think this would be the happiest time of my life to date.

Even without him here, I’ve been on a natural high from the pregnancy. These hormones seem to actually even me out.

Still, there are times when it all seems so overwhelming–even my *knock on wood* so far very healthy pregnancy has still included various aches and pains. I get frustrated when I cannot take care of heavy exhausting things and there is no one here to do it for me. There are days when the small annoyances just seem to pile up one on top of the other, and the deployment gremlins attack the car, the computer, and just about anything mechanical or electrical upon which I rely.

I have never been one to lean on others. My friends and family back home would not understand anyway, they would only worry. I am not close enough to my friends here to share these feelings.

There is nothing really to solve, either. Just little bumps on the road.

I just want to vent sometimes.

This semi-anonymous blog would be the perfect place…and I do want to present an honest portrait here for those who are curious or about to join the club…except DH reads my blog.

I would never ever hide anything from DH. I know some will have there doubts, but we are 100% honest and open with one another.

While DH is home, I try to be more sweetness and light than not–but he is also strong, generous, and loving during those “not” times.

However, I feel it is my duty (and privilege) to turn on the sunshine at all times for DH while he is deployed. I want him fully focused on his mission–not concerned by temporary shifts in my mood.

Just like his job as a soldier requires him to keep some details from me that he would ordinarily share, I believe my job description as an Army Wife means that I sometimes must do the same.

Although my anecdotes are not classified, I would never want to risk hurting his morale.

So, to whine or not to whine…that is the question.

That’s why I started blogging. I am a person that needs to say my issues outloud, and then I feel better. The hubby is used to this, but I too did not want to add to his stress level – so I blogged. It made it easier for me, and less stressful for him in the long run. :-)

6. And it does not stress him out reading these issues? See, I’m concerned that it would worry DH just as much reading about my problems or down days on the blog as much as if I just told him.

7. And it does not stress him out reading these issues? See, I’m concerned that it would worry DH just as much reading about my problems or down days on the blog as much as if I just told him.

8. And it does not stress him out reading these issues? See, I’m concerned that it would worry DH just as much reading about my problems or down days on the blog as much as if I just told him.

9. And it does not stress him out reading these issues? See, I’m concerned that it would worry DH just as much reading about my problems or down days on the blog as much as if I just told him.

10. And it does not stress him out reading these issues? See, I’m concerned that it would worry DH just as much reading about my problems or down days on the blog as much as if I just told him.

The Signal folks had all blogspot cites blocked. He couldn’t read it when he was down range – so I didn’t have to worry there.

16. Ahhh…

See, there’s the rub for me.

Without discussing it, DH has sort of adopted the tactic of not mentioning what I write unless I bring it up.

Still, I know he is reading.

I think for now I will just talk about the stressful times once they are resolved. Hopefully that will allow me to be honest, without worrying him!

17. Ahhh…

See, there’s the rub for me.

Still, I know he is reading.

18. Ahhh…

See, there’s the rub for me.

Still, I know he is reading.

19. Ahhh…

See, there’s the rub for me.

Still, I know he is reading.

20. Ahhh…

See, there’s the rub for me.

Still, I know he is reading.

My blog has been a great place to vent about some things…but not all. I sometimes need to vent about something that I know would upset a certain person who reads my blog and I don’t want to do that. So, I know where you’re coming from…even if it is from a different angle of sorts. Anyway, for what it’s worth, I’m a good listener…and you have my email address…… :)