Free Food and an Award–and STILL they won't show up

Tonight we had the Brigade Volunteer Appreciation Ceremony. Last thing I need is another certificate and pin, but I went to honor the other ladies in our Battery and Battalion.

Of course, hardly anyone in our Battalion showed up–just a handful of others who, like me, already have volunteer of the month and/or year awards from the Division, and just came to honor the others.

At least the ceremony was brief and I got a different pin this time. They gave us a heart pin…to add to the Battalion, Brigade, and Division pins. I need to get a gold-toned charm necklace so I can wear them all without feeling like a soldier (with my resume pinned to my chest).

1. Scarlett says:

This was my biggest concern with our FRG during hubby’s deployment. Tried everything to get folks to show up…without much success and then they complained because we “never did anything”. The neat thing was when the soldiers got home. I can’t even remember how many of the guys came up to me with a hug and a thank you for all we had done for them. Made up for everything!!!

2. Scarlett says:

3. Scarlett says:

4. Scarlett says:

5. Scarlett says:

I have bear that has all of the unit, volunteer and etc pins, pinned to her jumper. The only pin I wored daily was a bluestar pin. I wore it from the day he deployed until his return.

Well, if Katie ever gets the housing situation taken care of, she plans on coming back to the post in the late summer…I think she’s tired of our hospitality…… :) Actually, she’s anxious to have a place of her own again where she can set up house for her and Seth. They only had a few months together after their wedding before he deployed. Anyway, you can get her to come to the FRG meetings once she gets there. She’s wanted to be more involved, but distance hasn’t helped. Congrats on yet another award…I’m sure you’ve earned every one of them.