The Name Game

DH and I are trying to name baby girl–no easy matter long distance. It is hard not being able to stare into his eyes and hear his voice as he says the names.

I am also worried that all the compromising will result in a name neither of us loves.

One of the names we both like seems poised to become very popular…which I would like to avoid.

We both like old-fashioned, feminine names, but I think I am leaning towards the more unusual whereas DH seems to favor the more well-known.

I’m trying not to drive DH too nuts, but I would like to pick a name that we both love. I really like my own name, and I would like to give that gift to my daughter, too!

1. Philomina says:

Hey, as long as unusual doesn’t go too far….as you can see from my name, I think my parents stepped over that line. Hmmm…you guys could compromise with a “common” first name and more distinct middle name…or vice versa.

Just remember…if you the parents can’t spell it, nix it because it really sucks when your parents misspell your name. (My mom misspelled my name on a Christmas card and check one year.)

-Philomina

2. Philomina says:

-Philomina

3. Philomina says:

-Philomina

4. Philomina says:

-Philomina

5. Philomina says:

-Philomina

6. Always yell the name. It has to sound good on a yell! Ia lways liked having a different but not crazy name. In fact until I was married, I never was given a maiden name. Someday I’ll just change my name to a symbol – wait that has been done before!

I’m sure you have already compiled a list of family names – dig long & hard. Williamena is my Grandmother – yick & my daughter has the first name her birth parents gave her and my deceased mother-in-laws name. Savannah Charlotte. Came out pretty good huh?

Make sure to spread the word about my military spouse interviews!

7. Always yell the name. It has to sound good on a yell! Ia lways liked having a different but not crazy name. In fact until I was married, I never was given a maiden name. Someday I’ll just change my name to a symbol – wait that has been done before!

Make sure to spread the word about my military spouse interviews!

8. Always yell the name. It has to sound good on a yell! Ia lways liked having a different but not crazy name. In fact until I was married, I never was given a maiden name. Someday I’ll just change my name to a symbol – wait that has been done before!

Make sure to spread the word about my military spouse interviews!

9. Always yell the name. It has to sound good on a yell! Ia lways liked having a different but not crazy name. In fact until I was married, I never was given a maiden name. Someday I’ll just change my name to a symbol – wait that has been done before!

Make sure to spread the word about my military spouse interviews!

10. Always yell the name. It has to sound good on a yell! Ia lways liked having a different but not crazy name. In fact until I was married, I never was given a maiden name. Someday I’ll just change my name to a symbol – wait that has been done before!

Make sure to spread the word about my military spouse interviews!

I remember playing the name game. We could always come up with girls names, but struggled with boys names. Hence, we had three boys…Murphy’s Law, ya know. I think Seth’s name took the most thought because we wanted something different and biblical. So, off to the Bible to look…and lo and behold, the third son of Adam and Eve…it somehow seemed appropriate and I really liked it. Actually, he was the only one that we knew ahead of time would be a boy. I didn’t want to know with the other two, and sonograms were only done for medical reasons back then…which is why we knew that Seth was a boy. The doctor thought I was going to have twins and I almost panicked…… :) Then when he asked if I wanted to know the sex, I said yes because I knew I’d be upset if it was another boy, and I didn’t want to be upset when he was born. I think I cried all the way home, but I got it out of my system. When I look back, I realize how lucky I was to have had a 3rd boy…I’m not much of a girlie girl and probably wouldn’t have been able to braid a girls hair…I know I couldn’t even put a barrett in my niece’s hair where it would stay. Besides, Seth is my clown…he makes me laugh…and I don’t know what I’d do without him…… :)

16. mice says:

get Beyond Jason and Jennifer.

It is exhaustive and really helped us.
    -mice

17. mice says:

get Beyond Jason and Jennifer.

It is exhaustive and really helped us.
    -mice

18. mice says:

get Beyond Jason and Jennifer.

It is exhaustive and really helped us.
    -mice

19. mice says:

get Beyond Jason and Jennifer.

It is exhaustive and really helped us.
    -mice

20. mice says:

get Beyond Jason and Jennifer.

It is exhaustive and really helped us.
    -mice