Proof There is Something to do in Killeen

Well…at least in Temple (about 20 minutes away).

After a rough start to the day (I ran into Labor and Delivery because a friend was having regular contractions at 28 weeks and her husband is in another state right now) and some work stress (basically one of my clients wants something RIGHT NOW even though that was never agreed upon and the only reason it is not done is because of my editors, not me), I got to listen to some amazing classical music.

Two friends and I went to Beethoven, Barbecue, and Blue Jeans, with the Temple Symphony Orchestra.

When we called, we found out that the Orchestra even gives FREE admission to military and families.

Not only is the orchestra high quality…they had an excellent soloist from the Netherlands who has even studied with Itzhak Perlman.

They played Weber’s Overture to Der Freischutz, Tchaikovsky’s Violin concerto in D Major, and Beethoven’s Symphony No. 5 in C minor.

Baby Girl (who is getting closer to having a name) seemed to enjoy as well…she was kicking and wiggling all over the place!

I will have to make point attend more of their concerts next year.

Well, I just finished my warm (caffeine free) chai…so I am off to bed. Have a blessed Sunday.

1. Qatar Cat says:

Lucky you.
    Here in Qatar the shopping malls are the leading institutions of art and culture.

Sigh

2. Qatar Cat says:

Lucky you.

Sigh

3. Qatar Cat says:

Lucky you.

Sigh

4. Qatar Cat says:

Lucky you.

Sigh

5. Qatar Cat says:

Lucky you.

Sigh

6. Courtney says:

Yay classical music. I am a music major in college right now and when my fiance comes back from Iraq and we get married I will be moving to Texas either to Killeen or Temple. It is good to know they have a good symphony. I was hoping to get into a professional orchestra when I moved down there. That sounds like an awesome concert Tchaikovsky’s violin concerto is great.

7. Courtney says:

8. Courtney says:

9. Courtney says:

10. Courtney says:

Sounds like you had a great time! I would have never thought of classical in Killeen! Ever.

HH6