Sunday Felt Like Monday…

Okay, the “Monday Stinks” idea does not mean much to me since I freelance from home…but this Sunday felt like a classic Monday.

Saturday night the lightening was striking, the thunder was booming, the cats were chasing each other across the headboard, and the pain in my hips and back kept waking me up.

When the alarm rang to get ready for church, I felt like I was crippled. I couldn’t move without sharp stabbing pain in my lower back (sciatica).

Although I knew I would feel worse not going to church, I decided to listen to my body.

When I checked e-mail, I found out that DH had been on a long mission. They spotted an IED and (luckily) defused it before anyone was hurt.

Then I spent the afternoon helping to paint the banner for the Battery. Three of us paint a design every month and all of the ladies and kids sign it or send us messages to write if they are unable to come to the FRG meeting.

I enjoy painting the banner, but it is a little hard on the old back.

However, the day started looking up! The FRG leader said she heard through her husband that the new leader is interested in taking over.

Between the changeover and the birth, this might prove a good opportunity to redefine my role and reduce my commitment a little.

Last night, I actually slept six hours straight…I had a little pain in the morning, but nothing too terrible.

Then, today, I got to Web Cam with DH. I love seeing him–he looks well, but very thin! When he takes leave, with the baby weight gain I will probably weigh as much as he does! Hopefully baby will remedy that shortly after he arrives though, by making her debut.

Also, one of my jobs FINALLY paid me, so I can pay bills this month without taking money from DH’s account. That’s been a point of pride for me, that I can support the household and my lifestyle back here on my freelance work. Now that we have a baby on the way, we have to keep saving up!

Hopefully this is the beginning of an upward trend for the week.

That’s great that you got paid!

I am glad you got to see the hubby too! The VTCs were the best part of my month. I would scour every inch of my hubby’s image to make sure they were feeding him enough and if he was okay. I also just loved to look at him and watch him smile.

:-)

That’s great that you got paid!

:-)

That’s great that you got paid!

:-)

That’s great that you got paid!

:-)

That’s great that you got paid!

:-)

6. We haven’t had any VTCs besides one impromptu one. It was supposed to be a VTC between FRG leaders and Rear D with leadership there and we told them it would be better to give families time to talk.

I did not go since I have a webcam I can see DH on whenever we are both around.

I think it is weird that we are almost six months in and we have only had that one (and that one only because us FRG leaders spoke up)…for the few who do not have the webcams.

We also have a VTC center on post–but it seems kind of complicated. We have to make sure the spouse has an AKO account and then they have to coordinate their schedules themselves.

7. We haven’t had any VTCs besides one impromptu one. It was supposed to be a VTC between FRG leaders and Rear D with leadership there and we told them it would be better to give families time to talk.

I did not go since I have a webcam I can see DH on whenever we are both around.

8. We haven’t had any VTCs besides one impromptu one. It was supposed to be a VTC between FRG leaders and Rear D with leadership there and we told them it would be better to give families time to talk.

I did not go since I have a webcam I can see DH on whenever we are both around.

9. We haven’t had any VTCs besides one impromptu one. It was supposed to be a VTC between FRG leaders and Rear D with leadership there and we told them it would be better to give families time to talk.

I did not go since I have a webcam I can see DH on whenever we are both around.

10. We haven’t had any VTCs besides one impromptu one. It was supposed to be a VTC between FRG leaders and Rear D with leadership there and we told them it would be better to give families time to talk.

I did not go since I have a webcam I can see DH on whenever we are both around.

I can ditto that remark about being thin…Seth looks thinner than he was when he left, too. But he comments that the only good meal is breakfast. With the supply of brownies I’ve been sending him to share with everyone, I’m surprised they’re not all rolling…I would be. As a matter of fact, I just talked to Seth this morning on the IM and he requested a quadruple batch of brownies this time because there were so many who wanted them…as a matter of fact, DH’s name was on the list. Yeah, it’s gonna be a Betty Crocker night tonight…all night…… :)

I can ditto that remark about being thin…Seth looks thinner than he was when he left, too. But he comments that the only good meal is breakfast. With the supply of brownies I’ve been sending him to share with everyone, I’m surprised they’re not all rolling…I would be. As a matter of fact, I just talked to Seth this morning on the IM and he requested a quadruple batch of brownies this time because there were so many who wanted them…and DH’s name was on the list. Yeah, it’s gonna be a Betty Crocker night tonight…all night…… :)

21. Heh…some of the guys are getting a bit over the limit. DH put a temporary moratorium on my cookies for just that reason. I’ll have to see if it has been lifted.

The chow is really good there, but a lot of the times the guys are on missions during meal times so I’ve been sending granola bars and other single-serving snacks.

22. Heh…some of the guys are getting a bit over the limit. DH put a temporary moratorium on my cookies for just that reason. I’ll have to see if it has been lifted.

23. Heh…some of the guys are getting a bit over the limit. DH put a temporary moratorium on my cookies for just that reason. I’ll have to see if it has been lifted.

24. Heh…some of the guys are getting a bit over the limit. DH put a temporary moratorium on my cookies for just that reason. I’ll have to see if it has been lifted.

25. Heh…some of the guys are getting a bit over the limit. DH put a temporary moratorium on my cookies for just that reason. I’ll have to see if it has been lifted.

26. Monica says:

I don’t understand why you would want to support the household and your expenses out of your own income. A married man is supposed to support his family. Let him support you. It’s nice that you can earn enough to support yourself, but that’s an extra now that you are married. If I were you, I would keep for myself as much as I can (of my own income) and let my husband support me (or use his money for that purpuse).

27. Monica says:

28. Monica says:

29. Monica says:

30. Monica says:

31. Monica–

Our money is OUR money. Since money is fungible it does not matter whose check goes to what. It is just a point of pride that I am capable of suporting our lifestyle. It is nice to know that.

His paycheck is going to OUR savings–and in this case it has to be HIS paycheck because it is a military savings program for deployed soldiers.

It is all OUR money in the end and we are working together towards OUR goals.

Some years that has meant a six figure salary for him that was three times what I made. Other years it has been a significant pay cut. Regardless of how much he is earning, we are moving towards our goals together and that is what is important.

One year while he was in law school, he earned almost nothing (just a little from tutoring) while I was already done with my master’s degree and working–does that mean he was less of a man that year? Quite obviously not.

I agree that a man who has no job and no ambitions is not much of a man–but sometimes taking a pay cut is part of a larger goal in life. To just pay the bills and hope for the next raise is small potatoes and very short sighted. Money isn’t everything.

32. Monica–

It is all OUR money in the end and we are working together towards OUR goals.

33. Monica–

It is all OUR money in the end and we are working together towards OUR goals.

34. Monica–

It is all OUR money in the end and we are working together towards OUR goals.

35. Monica–

It is all OUR money in the end and we are working together towards OUR goals.