Mommydom

Although I have been using this site to vent a lot…there is a lot that has gone as well or better than expected.

It is the East European in me that makes me hesitate to count blessings out loud.

First of all, Lilah is gaining weight from some very successful breastfeeding. Apparently this is unusual for a heart baby. This is especially wonderful since the breastmilk will help protect her from illness.

Lilah generally sleeps for decently long stretches at night despite the fussiness during the day and the occasional resistance to falling asleep.

The cats don’t seem to mind her at all, in fact they seem to like her a lot. I was afraid they would mistake her for another cat, or worse, prey. So far though my skittish Russian Blue princess seems mildly interested and my big random breed seems to think she is another lady to protect. So far neither have showed any signs of aggression and the big one’s affections have been gentle. Of course, I still lock them out at night…but just because I am afraid they might decide to cuddle with her, not because I think they would intentionally hurt her.

DH is positively in love with her and is so supportive of me. When I tell him what is going on, he always asks my opinion/instincts and then compliments me on what he thinks I am doing right. He doesn’t try to problem solve from afar (which I think could be frustrating for both of us) but is always willing to listen.

Most importantly, Lilah is just a gorgeous, sweet little bundle of joy if I do say so myself. She loves to cuddle and her stretches of playtime are trending longer and longer. She smiles so sweetly in her sleep; I can’t wait to see her first real smile (which of course will be photographed and posted)!!!

I really do love being a mother, even if the surrounding circumstances are a little overwhelming at the moment!

1. Tanker Wife says:

I love to read your blog! Part of the reason is that I am in the heart of Texas too, my husband is deployed and I just had a baby 10 weeks ago. (10 lb 1 oz bouncing baby boy! Ouch!) Anyway, you are doing a great job, hang in there as we are on the home stretch!

2. Tanker Wife says:

3. Tanker Wife says:

4. Tanker Wife says:

5. Tanker Wife says:

6. Melinda says:

Ooo, Tanker Wife, when I saw 10 pounds, I said “Ouch” out loud. Congratulations! :) He sounds like he’ll give your arms a work out when you tote him around. :)

So glad that Miss Lilah is gaining weight! My grandmother was always a big encourager when I was BF’ing both my girls; I think she was convinced it could cure any baby ill. “Liquid gold” she likes to call it. LOL

Give these two new babies hugs for me!

7. Melinda says:

Give these two new babies hugs for me!

8. Melinda says:

Give these two new babies hugs for me!

9. Melinda says:

Give these two new babies hugs for me!

10. Melinda says:

Give these two new babies hugs for me!

11. MollyPitcher says:

Wow 10 lbs…a friend of mine just did the same for the second time. I keep hearing stories of such big military babies!

I wonder if they did a study if they would find that military babies are bigger on average controling for parents’ race.

If I knew a 10 pounder was likely for me, I would probably go for the c-section!

DH and I are both on the smaller side of average, but I am the smallest in my family and there are some big babies in our family history!

Props to mommy!!!

12. MollyPitcher says:

Props to mommy!!!

13. MollyPitcher says:

Props to mommy!!!

14. MollyPitcher says:

Props to mommy!!!

15. MollyPitcher says:

Props to mommy!!!

Congrats TankerWife! That’s one heck of a big boy.

Glad to hear the Lilah is getting into a little routine. It may not be quite enough for you yet but you are starting to get some sleep which is great. DOn’t forget to ask for help if you need it. Maybe someone can hold Lilah and walk the commissary with you while to you use both hands to buy groceries.

Congrats TankerWife! That’s one heck of a big boy.

Congrats TankerWife! That’s one heck of a big boy.

Congrats TankerWife! That’s one heck of a big boy.

Congrats TankerWife! That’s one heck of a big boy.

21. MollyPitcher says:

Thanks for all of the encouragement.

Shopping itself isn’t too hard because she likes it in her sling (thank goodness)!

It is the getting there that has me nervous now. She loved the car and then all of a sudden didn’t.

I will venture back out early next week, though…she seems less colicky on the whole although something is still bothering her immediately after feedings. *sigh* I feel like a detective on a case that may or may not be a crime!

22. MollyPitcher says:

Thanks for all of the encouragement.

23. MollyPitcher says:

Thanks for all of the encouragement.

24. MollyPitcher says:

Thanks for all of the encouragement.

25. MollyPitcher says:

Thanks for all of the encouragement.