Congratulations, Captain Dad!

Today DH, aka Super Dad, was promoted to Captain Dad! Then we had the Hail and Farewell and the Battalion commander made a nice speech about Captain Dad and then made a nice speech about me and gave me a coin–which is a huge honor. He is very restrained with the awards.

It was at a casual family place and Baby Diva had a lot of fun being passed around and eating guacamole.

I’ll try to post pics this weekend.

It is really hitting me today that we have very little time left here and soon I will be a National Guard spouse instead of an active duty Army wife! There is so much to do!!! So, blogging will no doubt be very light, but I am sure I will have an amusing story or two to relate once we move.

So Captain Dad just walked in from his going away/promotion party out with the men and his soldiers made him a huge framed penant with his platoon, his name, his unit, an Iraqi flag, OIF medal, rank during deployment, a plaque thanking him for leading them all home safely, and they all wrote notes and signed it. It is so incredibly touching. Here are these tough, macho soldiers and they really respect and care about my husband. Captain Dad doesn’t cry, but I just might!

Congratulations to your DH. With all the respect he has garnered from his troops, it’s not surprising that he was promoted. I hope all goes well with the move and the adjustment to Guard life. Blessings on your family….. :)

4. katana says:

Good luck with the move and good job to DH on teh promotion.

5. katana says:

Good luck with the move and good job to DH on teh promotion.

6. katana says:

Good luck with the move and good job to DH on teh promotion.

7. vause says:

Congrats. With the promotion. I am a LTJG who will be promoted to LT one day hopefully in about 2 years. He will like his new rank. I will get there one day soon as well. Check out my blog at http://www.usactivedutymilitary.blogspot.com

8. vause says:

9. vause says:

10. nima says:

11. nima says:

12. nima says:

13. Hi! Congrats to you DH! Mine was promoted last summer and it was exciting for me to see the pics because he was promoted in Afghanistan. I found you page when looking for other military spouses. I look forward to reading more.

14. Hi! Congrats to you DH! Mine was promoted last summer and it was exciting for me to see the pics because he was promoted in Afghanistan. I found you page when looking for other military spouses. I look forward to reading more.

15. Hi! Congrats to you DH! Mine was promoted last summer and it was exciting for me to see the pics because he was promoted in Afghanistan. I found you page when looking for other military spouses. I look forward to reading more.