With all the recalls, I’ve been busy looking for toys I can trust.
So, my personal blog has suffered a bit, but it is for a good cause! I have put together a guide of lead-free, non-toxic, safer toy options. Right now it has online retailers that take special care in identifying where the toys are manufactured, selecting only toys from brands with impeccable safety records, testing toys themselves, and in some cases all three:
Toys to Trust from Mamanista!
And we are also giving away lots of safer toys and other gifts:
12 Days of Giveaways from Mamanista!
So far we are half-way through:
- The First Adventures of the Incredible You, a Fun and Funky Personalized Storybook (ends 11/27)
- Name Your Tune, an exciting collection of personalized children’s songs (ends 11/28)
- Let’s Play Mail, an imaginative felt play set from Craftsbury Kids (ends 11/29)
- Jabber Jot, a fun, educational game from Learning is an Art (ends 11/30)
- $100 Gift Certificate to Natural Pod, natural and organic toys and products for living (ends 12/01)
- Three Wooden Puzzles from ImagiPLAY’s collection of non-toxic, socially responsible, and environmentally-friendly toys (ends 12/03)
…with more to come!
We also have two more fabulous giveaways on the site:
- Win a Red Silk Pouch Sling from Bronwen Handcrafted ( ends 11/26)
- Win a $50 Gift Certificate to Tiny Prints Stationery + Help Tiny Prints Donate Up To $50,000 to Children’s Charities (ends 11/28)
We aren’t the only ones who are focused on safe, non-toxic, lead-free toys this season. Of course I would like you to browse our guide, do your shopping with our links, enter our giveaways, and grab our buttons to spread the word, but I also really want you to have a safe Holiday with your family! So, for even more information, Cool Mom Picks has a Safer Toy Guide with their favorite picks and My Two Boys is keeping a list of Lead-Free Toys, and checking it twice. I also hear that my favorite Crunchy Domestic Goddess is working on a guide, and you can always check her out for eco-friendly, natural, and child safe tips.