Welcome to the SIXTH Military Mondays Carnival on Army Wives’ Lives!
About The Ocean Between Us:
Steve Bennett is a perfect navy officer with a perfect navy family, and he’s confident that his world is just the way it should be. But his son wants to be an artist instead of attending the U.S. Naval Academy, and his stalwart and capable wife of 20 years, Grace, is tired of being the perfect navy wife. She wants her own home, and she wants her own career. She’s feeling altogether unsettled, but nothing is more unsettling than the secret her husband has hidden from her their entire marriage. Nothing, that is, until the accident on the carrier.
- One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive a $50 VISA gift card AND a copy of The Ocean Between Us.
- Two (2) additional winners will receive a copy of the book!
This contest will run for two weeks, and each week, you may earn up to one entry for each of the following, for both weeks, for a total of up to FOUR ENTRIES:
- Entry Type 1: Add a link in the linky box below to a post where you discuss military family issues (please see carnival rules below*) and then, if you wish to enter this contest, please also leave me a comment.
- Entry Type 2: Visit at least one of the links in the carnival, leave the blogger a comment about their post (not just, “hi, I’m here”) and then come back here and leave me a separate comment telling me where you visited and commented.
Details and Disclaimers: Contest ends May 2, 11:59 PM EST. Prize offered by Susan Wiggs, author of The Ocean Between Us. ARV of book is $14.95. Open to U.S. mailing addresses, only. This blog and its author(s) have received no compensation. You do not have to be a blogger to enter–anyone can enter by the comment method. Winner will be chosen at random from qualifying entries.
A reminder: April is MONTH OF THE MILITARY CHILD! So, if you need any help thinking about what to post, consider our smallest heroes.
*** The only Military Mondays Blog Carnival rules are: ***
- In the “Link Title” field, please place the title of your post, plus the name of your blog and/or your name. (e.g. “Grow Where You Are Planted @Army Wives’ Lives”)
- In the “URL” field, please place the direct “permalink” to the specific post, not to your main page of your blog. (e.g. “http://armywiveslives.com/2009/10/coping-during-deployment/” not “http://ArmyWivesLives.com”)
- Your post must be relevant to the military family experience. I also retain the right to delete links to any posts that contain hate speech, plans to commit illegal acts, or anything that violates the spirit of this carnival or U.S. law.
Please make this a post from sometime in the last month or so.
Need a reminder that the carnival is up? Subscribe to Army Wives Lives by Email and you will get a digest of posts, no more than once a day (probably more like 1-3 times a week) when I post.
Want MORE Army Wives’ Lives? Fan the facebook page!
Want to share the carnival? Please feel free to grab the code for the button if you are interested:
<a href="http://armywiveslives.com/category/military-mondays-carnival/" target="_BLANK"><img src="http://armywiveslives.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/military-mondays-300x238.jpg" alt="Military Mondays Family and Spouse Carnival at Army Wives' Lives" border=0 /></a>
Without further ado, let’s get to the posts–I hope you’ll participate and visit these wonderful Military Family Bloggers–and feel free to check out previous editions for more great Military Family Posts!