My husband was actually home for our 10th anniversary. Too bad he spent most of the evening in the ER with our daughter!
We tried to go out for a nice family dinner, silly us! My daughter had been complaining of a stiff neck starting the previous day. Suddenly, at dinner, she just burst out in tears. My mom went home with her and we rushed through dinner. As soon as we got home, she cried that her stomach hurt and threw up.
My husband rushed her to the hospital where they ruled out meningitis and diagnosed “torticollis” (aka “wry neck”).
Of course, in the middle of all this, my telephone stops working so I can’t communicate with my husband. I guess the gremlins don’t only come out during deployments and drills!
Fortunately we’re having a much better Father’s Day weekend!
Here are some of the fun posts people shared last week…please remember to add a link to a SPECIFIC POST in the linky, especially if you want to see your post featured here!
- Ever wonder what it is like to be a military spouse in another country? Seasoned AF Spouse has the scoop from a Canadian Military Spouse
- Amanda from Confessions from Householdsix says there is a civilian disconnect–what do you think?
- Mrs. Mama Hen doesn’t buy that the soldiers flying back could have just been reimbursed for the extra baggage charges–and she has a list of expenses she’s never gotten back to back up her perspective.
The linky is up ALL WEEK! So, stop by anytime!
Having trouble adding your link? Add a comment or tweet @ArmyWivesLives and I will add it for you!
*** More about the Military Mondays Blog Carnival ***
- In the “Link Title” field, please place the title of your post, plus the name of your blog and/or your name. (e.g. “Grow Where You Are Planted @Army Wives’ Lives”)
- In the “URL” field, please place the direct “permalink” to A SPECIFIC POST, NOT to your main page of your blog. (e.g. “http://armywiveslives.com/2009/10/coping-during-deployment/” NOT “http://ArmyWivesLives.com”)
- Your post must be relevant to the military family experience on a personal blog (no corporate blogs). I also retain the right to delete links to any posts that contain hate speech, plans to commit illegal acts, or anything that violates the spirit of this carnival or U.S. law.
Need a reminder that the carnival is up? Subscribe to Army Wives Lives by Email and you will get a digest of posts, no more than once a day (probably more like 1-3 times a week) when I post.
Want MORE Army Wives’ Lives? Fan the facebook page!
Want to share the carnival? Please feel free to grab the code for the button if you are interested:
<a href="http://armywiveslives.com/category/military-mondays-carnival/" target="_BLANK"><img src="http://armywiveslives.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/military-mondays-300x238.jpg" alt="Military Mondays Family and Spouse Carnival at Army Wives' Lives" border=0 /></a>
Without further ado, let’s get to the posts–I hope you’ll participate and visit these wonderful Military Family Bloggers–and feel free to check out previous editions for more great Military Family Posts!