I hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend with your families. Ours finished with a real bang as we welcomed a new Army Brat to the world. I went into labor late Monday night and Conrad Ulysses joined us on May 31 at 5:18am. He weighed 9 lbs, 15 oz and measured 22.5 inches. Conrad’s first name is from my husband’s grandfather, an Army veteran of World War II.
It was a very easy delivery compared to my first two and we left the hospital the next day. Big sister and brother seem thrilled with their new sibling although they do wish mommy wasn’t napping during the day.
We had a lot of outstanding links last week both from “regulars” and from some other bloggy friends who had relevant posts celebrating Memorial Day. Here are a few I would like to highlight. Please take a moment to stop by, say hi, and leave a comment if you enjoyed the post. Bloggers love comments!
- Multitasking Mama talks about her anxieties in becoming a Military Mom.
- Life Lessons of a Military Wife shares a Memorial Day ceremony at *the* Flanders Field in Belgium
- Partybluprints has awesome ideas for putting meaning in Memorial Day celebrations for children
- Find out at The Albrecht Squad why Memorial Day is every day for some families
- Shelby Barone demonstrates how to make tissue paper poppies and then takes them to a senior center
The linky is up ALL WEEK! So, stop by anytime!
Having trouble adding your link? Add a comment or tweet @ArmyWivesLives and I will add it for you!
*** More about the Military Mondays Blog Carnival ***
- In the “Link Title” field, please place the title of your post, plus the name of your blog and/or your name. (e.g. “Grow Where You Are Planted @Army Wives’ Lives”)
- In the “URL” field, please place the direct “permalink” to the specific post, NOT to your main page of your blog. (e.g. “http://armywiveslives.com/2009/10/coping-during-deployment/” NOT “http://ArmyWivesLives.com”)
- Your post must be relevant to the military family experience on a personal blog (no corporate blogs). I also retain the right to delete links to any posts that contain hate speech, plans to commit illegal acts, or anything that violates the spirit of this carnival or U.S. law.
Need a reminder that the carnival is up? Subscribe to Army Wives Lives by Email and you will get a digest of posts, no more than once a day (probably more like 1-3 times a week) when I post.
Want MORE Army Wives’ Lives? Fan the facebook page!
Want to share the carnival? Please feel free to grab the code for the button if you are interested:
<a href="http://armywiveslives.com/category/military-mondays-carnival/" target="_BLANK"><img src="http://armywiveslives.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/military-mondays-300x238.jpg" alt="Military Mondays Family and Spouse Carnival at Army Wives' Lives" border=0 /></a>
Without further ado, let’s get to the posts–I hope you’ll participate and visit these wonderful Military Family Bloggers–and feel free to check out previous editions for more great Military Family Posts!