Every year, I throw a small Halloween party for my daughter and her friends. We serve some Halloween-themed treats and make some Halloween-themed crafts. This year, I made a Halloween mix of songs that I thought would be upbeat and kid-appropriate but still fun for the adults who hung around.
- Calling All the Monsters by China Anne McClain
- Monster Mash by Bobby “Boris” Pickett & The Crypt-Kickers
- Witch Doctor by David Seville
- Zombie Jamboree, by Harry Belafonte
- The Time Warp, by Richard O’Brien, Patricia Quinn, Little Nell & Cast The Rocky Horror Picture Show Soundtrack
- I Put A Spell On You, by Creedence Clearwater Revival Chronicle, Vol. 1 Rock
- Purple People Eater, by Sheb Wooley
- Werewolves Of London, by Warren Zevon
- (You’re The) Devil In Disguise, by Elvis Presley
- Strange Brew, by Cream
- Sympathy For The Devil, by The Rolling Stones
- This Is Halloween, Nightmare Before Christmas Soundtrack
- Superstition, by Stevie Wonder
- Ghostbusters, by Ray Parker, Jr.
- Thriller (Single Version), by Michael Jackson
- Friend of The Devil, by The Grateful Dead
- Witchy Woman, by The Eagles
If it were an adult party, I probably would have mixed in some slower songs. And I love a good creepy classical piece, like Saint-Saens’s “Danse Macabre,” but I wanted to keep things upbeat for the kids.
What would you add to the list?